CREATING SOUND EFFECTS HAS NEVER BEEN THAT FUN!
DSP Retro specializes in the recreation of the iconic sound effects heard in old-style platformers, shooters or beat’em ups.
Simply choose a category, select a type of sound, set the parameters and press play!
Because DSP Retro is part of the “Dynamic Sound Packs” series from Tsugi – which use sound synthesis to generate sound effects instead of relying on fixed recordings – you can create exactly the sound you want!
With a playful graphic user interface (including retro game animations and various console skins), a powerful synthesis engine, and indispensable functions for both indie and pro game developers, DSP Retro makes the creation of sound effects for your game easy and fun!
DSP Retro includes incredibly useful functions for game developers such as the automatic generation of sound variations and the export to game audio middleware (Wwise, FMOD Studio, ADX2, GameMaker). Here is a list of the main features:
- Uses procedural audio (real-time sound synthesis) to generate the sounds.
- Allows you to create the sounds YOU want and many variations. No fixed recording!
- As easy as 1-2-3: select a category, a type of sound, and edit the parameters.
- The first categories of sounds availabe are: weapons, character, items, events, sci-fi.
- New categories will be available as free downloadable content.
- Randomization function: each parameter can have its own random range.
- Very visual interface, mimics game console (various skins available).
- Sounds can be saved in the Wave, Aiff, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and Flac formats.
- Exports towards game audio middleware (Wwise, FMOD Studio, ADX2) and game creation tools (GameMaker): many variations can be created automatically and placed into random containers, events…
- Can launch your sample editor and load the sound automatically in it for further editing.
CATEGORIES AND SOUND TYPES
Listen to some examples of sounds you can generate with DSP Retro!
GO NEXT SCENE
This free extension pack contains several new skins for your DSP Retro game console. Download it below!
DSP Retro recreates the iconic sound effects of old-style platformers, shooters or beat’em ups. Simply choose a category, select a type of sound, adjust the parameters and press play!
To use this extension pack, you need to have DSP Retro already installed on your machine.