Intuitive Authoring Tool
- The GameSynth authoring tool offers a specific editor for each procedural audio model as well as a visual patching environment to create your own models.
- It includes many innovative features, such as the sketch pad, which boost creativity and improve workflow.
- It can also be used as conventional standalone sound design tool to create wave files.
Infinite sound palette
- Random ranges assigned to the parameters allow for the creation of infinite sound variations from a single patch.
- Since only the parameters of the patch are saved instead of the audio data, the memory footprint is orders of magnitude lower, allowing for even more patches.
- However, you can still use samples if you want, or analyze them to get realistic control curves.
- Direct access to the sound synthesis parameters allows more control than with sample playback.
- GameSynth reacts to the game’s inputs through the Meta-Parameters of the patch (similar to RTPCs).
- It can also send synthesis Events to the game (e.g. new LFO cycle) to synchronize the other game subsystems with audio.
- GameSynth’s API is much smaller and easier to use than most current audio API.
- It still supports all the customization you would expect for memory allocation, file I/O etc.
- The API can be called from C++ or C.
Highly Optimized and Scalable
- The GameSynth run-time is optimized for each platform target.
- As a complete procedural audio solution (instead of plug-ins from independent vendors), it can be optimized horizontally across all patches.
- Scalability is built in, with settings to limit the number of audio objects (grains, modes etc.) up to the patch level.
- GameSynth can run independently or in conjunction with a game (audio) middleware.
- It generates audio buffers in real-time that you can pass to a Wwise, FMOD or ADX2 voice and reacts to real-time parameter controls.
- You can also use it directly with the native library of your target platform or the audio subsystem of your engine.
Register for the Beta
*Limited to game studios, NDA required.
*The standalone authoring tool in not part of the beta as it is already available here.
Copyright © Tsugi GK. All rights reserved.