We are pleased to announce the release of DSP Motion 1.2, a new free update that makes drawing sounds for games, animations, movies and motion graphics even easier! Click here to download the update.
In DSP Motion 1.1, we introduced the new ‘Harmonics’ visualizer, the possibility to export files in different bit depths, and more.
With this new update, we added usability features that many of you requested:
- Changing the duration of a curve is now easier: the accuracy of the slider has been improved, and you can now switch between durations in absolute mode (seconds) and relative mode (percentage) with Ctrl+D.
- Clicking on the visualizer with the left-mouse button will allow you to cycle through the different visualization modes available.
- A progress window is now being displayed when rendering more than one sound variation at once.
- The algorithm that ensures that the creation of an entirely random sound (when the Random button is pressed and no random ranges have been set) has been improved.
- It is now possible to double-click on a .motion file to open it in the tool.
- It is now possible to copy / paste curves between various categories / audio styles with Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V. Although it was already possible to transfer a curve between categories or styles by holding the Ctrl key during the selection, this makes it a lot easier to try a curve you like with any sound.
- The undo / redo functionality has been extended to the multi-choice buttons.
- The setup program now installs an icon pack that can be used for example to create a DSP Motion profile for the Elgato Stream Deck and similar control panels.
We hope you will like this new update! Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you want us to showcase a project on which you used DSP Motion, of if you need other features in the next update, as we want to make this tool as useful as possible to you!